Pre-9/11 Put Options were bought on more than Airlines
Financial transactions in the days before the attack suggest that certain individuals used foreknowledge of the attack to reap huge profits. The evidence of insider trading includes:
· Huge surges in purchases of put options on stocks of the two airlines used in the attack -- United Airlines and American Airlines
· Surges in purchases of put options on stocks of insurance companies expected to pay out billions to cover losses from the attack -- Munich Re and the AXA Group
· Surges in purchases of put options on stocks of financial service companies hurt by the attack -- Merrill Lynch & Co., and Morgan Stanley and Bank of America
· Huge surge in purchases of call options of stock of a weapons manufacturer expected to gain from the attack -- Raytheon
· Huge surges in purchases of 5 year treasury notes.
All this can not be explained as "market pessimism," because the prices of the stocks in ALL the airlines doesn't reflect the same market pessimism.
$2.5 million of the put options remained unclaimed is not explained at all by market pessimism, and is evidence that the put option purchasers were part of a criminal conspiracy